1.18.2012

just warms my heart.

I know one of my love languages is 'Words Of Affirmation', but when a good guy friend of mine calmed my nervous ramblings by saying 'Kathleen, you're gorgeous. You have nothing to worry about.'... I just smile so big my January chapped lips crack a little.

Innocent compliments mean so much to me. Most of the time they totally knock me over, and I can barely accept them I get so bashful... but man. Sometimes you don't even know how much you needed to hear something until seconds after you FINALLY do. It doesn't have to be about my appearance, or even be from a guy. A true, genuine compliment from anyone who has really been paying attention, well man. There is just no better feeling in the world. Giving them out feels so good too. We should all just lift each other up ALL. THE. TIME. Why don't we? Why not?

This is not about being pretty... its about FEELING pretty, and thats hard to keep up sometimes.
I just can't even tell you how him saying that sentence blessed my lil' tired emotional heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment