10.19.2010

2D project #3

In my 2D art class, my assignment was to choose a photo I'd taken, & create a 'torn paper' gray scale out of it. Sounds easy, right? WRONG. 

My hands took such a beating, & I'm almost out of white paint, my apartment is covered in 'confetti', I've been working on it for hours and...its still late. BUT - I admit, I'm proud I prevailed. And I think this is one project I'll actually be excited to hang on my wall! The others clearly show I didn't fully embrace the project till after grading day ;)

I started with this photo, 
(My friend Lillian, on a BEAUTIFUL spring day. I don't think she knew I was snapping it but I've always loved it )
 edited it - 
 then began here - tearing my painted gray scale into a million zillion trillion tiny pieces.
 and here's the final result :)


I'm excited for my prof to see it... but for now I must put band aids on my fingertips & SLEEP!!

1 comment: