3.04.2010

and i quote...

"There is a leading lady inside of you"

A dear friend told me this tonight. I haven't smiled so big in a long long time.

Because I know its true, even though I'm bashful
when people say it. I know I just need to sing. I don't care where, or when, although I hope i don't have to starve to be a singer. I am willing to live in a tiny apartment. I've always wanted to sleep on a mattress on the floor with my sheet music in piles all around me. I want to make people laugh, I want to make people cry, I want to write songs, I want to write them with other people, I want to make old folks reminisce and I want to make babies stop crying. I want to play my guitar whether I'm the best at it or not, I want to sing jazz, or country, or pop or opera or freaking polka. [not rap, um I'm too white and Ke$ha already took over the increasingly popular talk-sing-I'm-so-hot-and-so-drunk-and-I-never-shower-ever category]

I don't care if I'm the best. I don't care if everyone likes me. I don't care if I'm poor and I don't care if I'm not world famous. I don't care if I'm only a Music Therapist or the next indie sensation or the next Carrie Underwood or just your next door neighbor.

I just need to sing and I need the songs to come from my heart.


Because I have a leading lady inside of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment