4.27.2009

That song.

You know that song.

The one that you have to turn off cause it makes you so sad?
The one that you used to love, but he ruined it for you?
The one that you hear the very first chord and your heart sinks?

i have more than one of those songs. Actually, i have fiftykajillion.

But. Right now. I'm listening to the one that used to hurt the most.

And for the first time in over a year... I'm just enjoying it. I'm not crying. I'm not slapping him over and over in my head. I'm not upset.

What? How could I not be upset?




This is a new Kathleen.


oh, but of course, I'm on to a new problem... My heart is too big to not have a hurt somewhere. There are brand new songs to hate, a new person to miss. I feel it already. Its happening all over again.



BUT.

THIS ONE SONG.
It doesn't hurt.


That is amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment